Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Worlds Beyond Earth

I am an avid world builder. Really, I am. When I'm trying to kill time on a long trip I play a game I call 'Science Fiction or Fantasy', where questions are asked between people to build an exotic world and the skeleton of a story. I have more fictional universes than I know what to do with, and even more partial universes.

This blog is so that I can share these worlds and ideas. Yes, its gratifying to make them, but its even more gratifying to share. 

Much of this blog focuses on GURPS: Generic Universal Role Playing System. This is for two reasons: 
  1. Gurps is a great way to describe many of the concepts I have in my mind. It was designed to represent nearly any world and I exploit it for that fact. 
  2. These worlds are probably funner and more accessible to game in than to write fiction in. My audience is the gaming community as much as any other.
  3. I enjoy roleplaying, and this blog is an appropriate place to put my thoughts on the matter. 
I hope you enjoy this material

Eric the Red

No comments:

Post a Comment